“Clouds come floating into my life no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add colour to my sunset sky”- Rabindranath Tagore
My Dear Readers ,
The intention of today`s writing is to share insights from my morning`s 10k walk with a much cherished human friend.
Today as I meandered through Auckland suburbia, I happened to look at homes – all kinds of homes – the ordinary ones, and of course some extra ordinary – the simple ones, the ones with blue grey tones, and the ones with buxom hedges, white roses, broken gates, unkempt lawns – green door steps, white verandahs and steep drives.
What fascinated and took over my thoughts – was each of them have a history that is unique…. They are not just homes but spaces that have a solemn presence – that contain both moments and memorabilia – some happy, precious, cherished – the homes have also witnessed moments sad, painful and perhaps even tragic. But what I saw in that stillness – is that each of the homes have withstood the trials and tribulations that comes with the history of time.
No matter how ordinary or extra ordinary they looked -they also had witnessed moments that they have lived through and had-their own individual story that to tell.
My role here I recognized was only to admire and be fascinated as an observer and participant of the undulating changes that caught my eye.
Each of us are a product– of our lineage, our belief systems and our individual experiences. Some experiences make us thrive and some make us almost cringe for cover. We can acknowledge the truths – however there is no need to feel bad of experiences that make us cringe –
We do not have to be caught forever in the throes of our lineage – stepping out of our history is a powerful way to claim our rights to craft our own unique experiences – that are rich– nurturing and gratifying.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step- Lao Tzu
Here are ways to craft our own nurturing stories and experiences
- Surround yourselves with people who care – who make you smile and laugh with ease
- Begin taking notice of what you/ we really like
- Develop a habit to serve those in need – it does not have to be through money it can be through sharing of your time – your skills or just being there for someone
- Cultivate a reading habit – the more you read – the richer you become emotionally and intellectually and then your world becomes that much bigger and better
- Take up a hobby that keeps you engaged
- Engage in creative pursuits
- Go on a walk and take in sights that delight you
- Have a focus or intention for each day
- Talk to someone who can help – there are heaps of wellbeing agencies
- Be unafraid -ask for help x 3 or as many times you need it – there are always good people and systems that serve
- Create a writing habit
- Begin to write notes to yourself
- Start with reminder notes and then progress to making affirmations that make you smile
- Be fiercely kind and compassionate to yourself – this can be hard 😊 and
- Be fiercely disciplined when talking about someone else (whether family or not family _ or of someone that bothers you – this is usually extremely extremely difficult 😊 – but when we work toward this, we can literally measure our growth in leaps and bounds
- Be generous about the mistakes of the past generation – our mums – dads- grandparents- they did what they knew best
- Te tiro atu to kanohi ki tairawhiti ana tera whiti te ra kite ataata ka hinga ki muri kia koe.”
- “Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.”- Maori whakatauki
- For NOW
- No matter what our experiences or history has been – each of us are unique individuals and we have in us the means to put our best foot forward
- Looking forward –
- It is our turn to live our lives
- Each day with sincerity – with
- Sense of purpose and as best as we can – and
- Believe that this can be done
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams – live the life you`ve imagined”- henry David Thoreau
Sending warm wishes for crafting unique scripts to choose routines with care – live each day with meaning and purpose- that open the doorways to plentiful joy ,lots of love and endless tunes of harmony.