To my dear readers ,
We here in NZ are celebrating Matariki or Maori New Year ( 24 June – 11 July ). Matariki is the Maori name for a cluster of stars that herald in the new year 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Hope all those in the Southern Henisphere have had a warm gentle start to this cold winter week.
The intention of today’s writing is about teaching ourselves to let go of thoughts that bring emotions of sadness , anger or fear …. this is by no means easy- yet this can be achieved my making one degree maneuvers/ changes through life in the way we process things
1. To begin let’s be clear with who we are and what is important – list all the things that are important for you – routines , habits and your likes and dislikes .
2. Make a note of what brings you joy and what does not – it always helps when we are sure of what we do not want in our lives
3. Include in this list the people who make you smile and who bring joy and comfort when you are in their presence
4. List also the activities that bring your calm and a sense of peace and contentment
5. Write down a mini wellness self care plan of what can be done when things get rough …,
Example when things tend to get challenging I allow myself plenty of time and space to process things . I also make a promise to treat myself to something that is special ( within affordable means of course 🙄😀) . Or I might reach out to some of my friends or family or favourites who can lift up my spirits … and for those of us who have pets … the low feelings soon move up . Being with nature and excercise brings immediate reprieve
5. Make a short term plan -2 years to 5 years as to how you want to live – write down the experiences that you aspire for – in the short term
6,Use intention ☀️- direction🍀 – clarity 🌟- Be clear in choosing the right words so your plan is simple and clear –
7.Take time to read all that you have written – about yourself – what or who matters . -what and who gives you joy – sense of calm and light heartedness
8. Now begin taking action on each of the steps and be guided towards a new sense of empowerment .
Remind yourself – one degree maneuvers – one step at a time – Here’s to
Light and joyful thoughts – Warm and happy feelings and Kind and constructive actions
Meanwhile let’s keep breathing , keep moving ( excercise ) and keep at being extra kind to yourself and to those around us
Hurihia to aroaro ki te ra tukuna to atarangi kia taka ki muri i a koe – a Maori proverb which translates as
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you